IFRA membership provides the following privileges:
- Access to the library during opening hours; the library offers more than 15,000 books and 60,000 periodicals, more than 200 thesis, and thematic press reviews; librarians can assist you for the search for documents; digitalized documents and online platforms (e.g. JSTOR) are also accessible;
- Use of services like photocopying, printing or scanning; temporary access to a computer;
- Provision of an invitation/cover letter if deemed useful;
- For French nationals, facilitation to obtain research permits in Kenya and Tanzania;
- During research stays and on certain conditions, use of IFRA’s car based on our rent prices (for enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Use of the conference room, upon availability, to organise a research event (research seminar or conference, book launch, etc.) for which IFRA may contribute to through communication and invitations.
Annual price of membership:
- Junior or senior researchers (tenure-track or tenure): KHS 1000
- Undergrads, Masters, PhDs, Postdocs: KHS 500
- IFRA’s affiliated researchers or affiliated students, and those who benefited from an IFRA research grant: Exempted (during the year of the grant only)
For further information, please contact email@example.com or come straight to our offices.