New titles at IFRA Library!
Since August 2018, our library’s shelves have been filled by new publications and we would love you to come and read them!
Publications about our current research themes:
- Ethno-erotic Economies – Sexualitym Money, and Belonging in Kenya. George Paul Meiu, The Chicago University Press, 2017.
- Where Women Are. Gender & The 2017 Kenyan Elections. Edited and directed by Nanjala Nyabola & Marie-Emmanuelle Pommerolle, 2018.
- ‘Violent Extremism and Gender in Kenya’. The African Review, Special issue, Volume 45, N°1, June 2018.
- Argonauts of the Western Pacific. Bronislaw Malinowski, Benediction Classics, Oxford, 2010.
- The Boy is Gone. Conversations with a Mau Mau General. Laura Lee P. Huttenbach, Ohio University Press Athens, 2015.
- Little Mogadishu – Eastleigh, Nairobi’s Global Somali Hub. Neil Carrier, HURST & COMPANY, London, 2016.
Methodology focused Books:
- Writing Ethnographic Field. Second Edition. Robert M. Emerson, Rachel I. Fretz, and Linda L. Shaw, University of Chicago Press, 2011.
- Tales of the Field. On Writing Ethnography. Second Edition. John Van Maanen, The University of Chicago Press, 2011.
Reports from Public Kenyan Institutions:
- Geographic Dimensions of Well-Being in Kenya. Who and Where Are the Poor, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, A Constituency Level Profile, Volume II. 2005.
- Basic Report on Well-Being in Kenya. Based on Kenya Integrated Household Budget Survey – 2005/06, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Planning and National Development, 2007.
- Constituency Report on Well-Being in Kenya. Based on the Kenya Integrated Household Budget Survey-2005/06, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, 2008.
- Exploring Kenya’s Inequality. Pulling Apart or Pooling Together? Siaya County, Kenya National Bureau of statistics & Society for International Development, 2013.
Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS) Reports:
- Somali and Afghan Diaspora Associations in Development and Relief Cooperation, DIIS Report n°13, 2015.
- Local Government Engagement With Climate Change Adaptation in Uganda, DIIS Report n°19, 2015.
- Boko Haram: From Local Grievances to Violent Insurgency, DIIS Report n°21, 2015.