Since September 2018, our library’s shelves have been filled by new publications and we would love you to come and read them!
- Florent Piton, Le génocide des Tutsi du Rwanda, Paris, La Découverte, 2018.
- George Paul Meiu, Ethno-erotic Economies – Sexuality, Money, and Belonging in Kenya, The Chicago University Press, 2017.
- Nanjala Nyabola & Marie-Emmanuelle Pommerolle (ed.), Where Women Are. Gender & the 2017 Kenyan Elections, Twaweza, 2018.
- ‘Violent Extremism and Gender in Kenya’. The African Review, Special issue, Volume 45, N°1, June 2018.
- Bronislaw Malinowski, Argonauts of the Western Pacific, Oxford, Benediction Classics, 2010.
- Laura Lee P. Huttenbach, The Boy is Gone. Conversations with a Mau Mau General, Ohio University Press, 2015
- Neil Carrier, Little Mogadishu – Eastleigh, Nairobi’s Global Somali Hub, London, HURST & COMPANY, 2016.
- Writing Ethnographic Field. Second Edition. Robert M. Emerson, Rachel I. Fretz, and Linda L. Shaw, University of Chicago Press, 2011.
- Tales of the Field. On Writing Ethnography. Second Edition. John Van Maanen, The University of Chicago Press, 2011.
Reports from Public Kenyan Institutions:
- Geographic Dimensions of Well-Being in Kenya. Who and Where Are the Poor, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, A Constituency Level Profile, Volume II. 2005.
- Basic Report on Well-Being in Kenya. Based on Kenya Integrated Household Budget Survey – 2005/06, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, Ministry of Planning and National Development, 2007.
- Constituency Report on Well-Being in Kenya. Based on the Kenya Integrated Household Budget Survey-2005/06, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics, 2008.
- Exploring Kenya’s Inequality. Pulling Apart or Pooling Together? Siaya County, Kenya National Bureau of statistics & Society for International Development, 2013.
Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS) Reports:
- Somali and Afghan Diaspora Associations in Development and Relief Cooperation, DIIS Report n°13, 2015.
- Local Government Engagement With Climate Change Adaptation in Uganda, DIIS Report n°19, 2015.
- Boko Haram: From Local Grievances to Violent Insurgency, DIIS Report n°21, 2015.